IBEW Local 400 will be providing information & processing applications for apprenticeships on the 1st Wednesday of each month from 4pm until 6pm. All applicants must apply in person at: IBEW Local 400, 3301 Hwy 138,Wall, NJ 07719. There is an application fee of $50.00.
Please direct all questions regarding apprenticeship applications to the JATC at 732-280-7703.
- Must be a resident of Monmouth or Ocean County
- Must possess a valid New Jersey driver's license
- Must be a High School Graduate or possess a GED
- Must have one year of High School Algebra with a passing grade
- Must be at least 17 years of age to apply and 18 years of age at the time of indenture
- An aptitude test is required
- Must be able to perform the rigorous work of the trade and will be required to take a physical, substance abuse and background screening
Local 400 will not discriminate against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years or old or older.
Local 400JATC will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, part 30.
Become an Apprentice with IBEW Local 400
The name of the IBEW has always been a symbol of the electrical
industry’s best, a standard that has been achieved through education,
training, safety and craftsmanship. Individuals who are accepted into
an apprenticeship will “earn while they learn,” attending school in the
evenings while working in the field during the day. Becoming an
apprentice of the IBEW is not a short term job opportunity; it is a
career decision, which in return will provide you with a good living,
health benefits and a retirement future.
For information on becoming a Union Lineman please go to the website for the Northeastern Joint Apprenticeship & Training.