Apprenticeship Application Process
IBEW Local 400 will be accepting applications for apprenticeships on
the 1st Wednesday of each month from 4pm until 6pm.
Asbury Park Area J.A.T.C.
3301 State Hwy 138
Wall, NJ 07719
Basic Requirements 2024-2025
Age – Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
License – Applicant must possess a valid New Jersey Driver’s License.
Education – Applicant must be a High School graduate or have a GED or a two year Associate Degree or higher. Applicant must have completed one full year of High School Algebra or equivalent post high school algebra course with a passing grade. (CLEP testing will not be accepted)
Jurisdiction – Applicant must be a resident of Monmouth or Ocean County. Driver’s License must match applicants mailing address. (No PO Box.)
Aptitude Test – Applicant must receive a qualifying score on aptitude test. Applicant will be notified by mail and or Email as to time and date of testing. If an applicant does not receive a qualifying score and wishes to retake the Aptitude Test, the Applicant will be required to pay $30 for each additional Aptitude Test during the application year.
Physical Condition – Applicant must be able to perform the rigorous work of the trade and will be required to take a substance abuse screening test and physical along with background screening.
Applicant must submit all required information to the JATC in order to proceed with the application process. Applicant must return with the required information to fill out an application on the first Wednesday of each month between 4 to 6 pm. Located in rear of building, side door.
Items Required at time of Application
1. Must supply a standard 2x2 passport size photo of applicant. Xeroxed or photocopied drivers license, County ID, etc will not be accepted for this purpose.
2. Must supply a copy of your birth certificate.
3. Must supply a copy of your current NJ Drivers License.
4. Must supply a $50.00 non – refundable application fee payable by money order, certified bank or cashier check (no cash or personal checks will be accepted).Payable to: Local 400 JATC.
5. Must provide official high school transcripts showing courses and grades. Transcripts will only be considered official when received directly from the school or contain a legible raised seal and so marked. Please have your official high school transcripts or any other official educational documentation sent to this address: Local 400 JATC, P.O. Box 1256, Wall, NJ 07719 a minimum of 2 weeks before returning to complete the application.
Aptitude Test Retesting
Aptitude tests are available for retesting after 3 months from the last test taken. available by appointment only.
Fee for aptitude retest is $30 made payable to: Local 400 JATC by money order or certified check, (Cash and Personal Check is not accepted)
Local 400 will not discriminate against
apprenticeship applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual
orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with
a disability or a person 40 years or old or older. Local 400JATC will
take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship
and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29
of the Code of Federal Regulations, part 30.